Monday, March 17, 2008

Yikes, that year went past REALLY fast....

Yeah, I know..it's been more than a year since I posted. This year has pretty much sucked. I left Mr. Lesbian in March and moved in with my best friend and her husband for five months. Mr. Lesbian got masses of therapy for five months and dealt with some of hir shizzle. My dad died last summer, which sent my whole family spiraling into confusion and misery. I moved back in with Mr. Lesbian in August and for extremely complicated reasons that I don't fully understand, I lost my best friend as a result.

Mr. Lesbian and I got along much better for the first few months, but the strain of being the sole breadwinner, along with all the other pressures on us has been challenging to say the least. It was really too soon to move back in together, but it felt like the best decision at the time and we've done our best to pull through. Along with everything else, we have been learning how to live in a very rural environment, make new friends and contacts and, for Mr. Lesbian, search for a job in a very dead job market. Finally, last week s/he started work at a pretty cool technology company in Western Mass, at the same salary s/he was making in the big city. So, we don't have to worry about losing our farm and we can finally start to think about getting our goats and chickens.

So, while I'm aware that this has been the news in brief, I wanted to reassure whoever is still reading this blog, that I will be posting more frequently from now on. I'm still married, still a lesbian and ...I'm back!

2 Comments:

Blogger GrumpyGranny said...

Hello! I had been reading your blog, and did not realize your next to last post was from 2007! I'm glad you're writing again, and look forward to reading more.

GG - fellow lesbian granny in Colorado.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Sapphique said...

GG, I'll do my best to be a more frequent blogger :-)

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home